Steam irons are innovative options for ironing clothes in a short time at home. Traditional heavy irons are not effective to clear out stubborn wrinkles or creases from different fabrics. On the other side, a powerful steam iron incorporated with cutting-edge technology is smooth on any fabric and tough on persistent wrinkles. These irons heat up quickly and also feature temperature controls to prevent burning and scorching. Steam irons are best for cotton, linen, wool, nylon, and other synthetic fabrics too. Here are the best steam irons in India for every home.
If you are aspiring to buy a steam iron that boasts a modern design with the best steam rate and long-lasting features, our list of the best steam iron brand in India is perfectly curated to get rid of stubborn creases and ensure crisp ironing. Take a look at our highly tested steam iron products that are trending in India.
The top position in our list is scored by the Philips steam iron With a 1440 watt, the iron generates steam quickly and efficiently to give wrinkle-free ironed clothes.
One of the best ones out there, this product is a must buy in case you are planning to buy one. 2200 W power and 350ml water tank, it is a great buy.Buy From Amazon
Its heavyweight is the only drawback of this steam iron. But on the performance and self-cleaning front, the iron is the right choice for you. If you are looking for cord-free iron, our runner pick-up is a suitable choice for you. This Black+Decker BD BXIR2201IN 2200-Watt Cord & Cordless Steam Iron is very light and easy to use. The steam function works like a breeze.
The press gets heated up quickly but loses heat fast too. Besides this issue, we didn't encounter any other issues. Overall, it is a good product and a must-buy for your home
A budget buy with great quality and long-lasting too. Good warranty on the product too.Buy From Amazon
Our budget pick-up is Bajaj MX-3 1250W Steam Iron. The steam iron is smaller in size and lighter in weight. Even the non-stick soleplate is also small.
The water storage capacity is good and also easy to fill. But its steam output is uncontrollable. This apart, this iron is a pretty decent choice to have wrinkle-free clothes.
Top 10 Best Steam Irons in India
Have a look at the best steam irons in India 2021 that glide smoothly over any fabric.
- Philips GC1905 1440-Watt Steam Iron
- Black+Decker BD BXIR2201IN 2200-Watt Cord & Cordless Steam Iron
- Bajaj MX-3 1250W Steam Iron
- Havells Fabio 1250-Watt Steam Iron
- Usha Steam Pro SI 3713, 1300 W Steam Iron
- Morphy Richards Super Glide 2000W Steam Iron
- Philips GC1920/28 1440-Watt Non-Stick Soleplate Steam Iron
- Pigeon by Stovekraft Modern Casa 2.0 Steam Iron
- BLACK+DECKER Steam Iron
- Philips EasySpeed Plus Steam Iron
1. Philips GC1905 1440-Watt Steam Iron
This is the most powerful steam iron in our test and the best option for your home. The iron is very comfortable to hold. It is equipped with a 1440 watt power that ensures constant high steam output. Its water tank is large and also easy to fill.
The weight of the iron is slightly heavy but it's easier to use and affordable too.
2. Black+Decker BD BXIR2201IN 2200-Watt Cord & Cordless Steam Iron
To remove the stubborn wrinkles from the fabric, you should consider this steam iron. The iron uses 2200 Watts power to clear out most of the deformities from the fabric. The water storage tank capacity is 350 ml water which is easier to fill.
Its cordless function is not up to the mark and it loses heat quickly too. But overall it is ideal for any kind of fabric and one of the best Steam iron brand in India.
3. Bajaj MX-3 1250W Steam Iron
Our next selection is from Bajaj that features a non-stick coated sole plate to ensure the safety of different types of fabrics. The brand offers 2 years warranty on the product. This light-weighted iron supports vertical and horizontal ironing.
The steam flow rate is not well optimized. However if one takes care of steam position, the product is reliable and durable.
4. Havells Fabio 1250-Watt Steam Iron
Combined with an easy-to-fill large water tank, swivel cord, Teflon non-stick coated soleplate, and thermostatic control dial, Fabio iron is a powerhouse budget iron.
It took a little longer to heat up, but once it picks up steam, it’s hard to put down. This is an excellent and well-priced steam iron.
5. Usha Steam Pro SI 3713, 1300 W Steam Iron
This 1300 watt steam iron is ideal for horizontal and vertical ironing that produces continuous steam. It comprises overheat shut-off function, easy-grip handle, extra-long 1.7 meters cord, and thermostatic disc for controlling fabric temperature.
Water dripping issues were reported by some of our team members but apart from this con, this steam iron with good performance is a good buy for home requirements.
6. Morphy Richards Super Glide 2000W Steam Iron
It boasts steam burst and sprays functions that produce a fine mist of steam that spreads uniformly over the clothes. The steam iron supports horizontal and vertical ironing and a self-cleaning function.
The cord length is short but with extension, you can cover up this con.
7. Philips GC1920/28 1440-Watt Non-Stick Soleplate Steam Iron
This steam iron could be a valuable product to smooth heavier fabrics quickly. The transparent water tank helps you notice how much water is in the storage. The product comes with 2 years warranty from the date of purchase.
The iron takes a while to cool down so ensure you give it some time.
8. Pigeon by Stovekraft Modern Casa 2.0 Steam Iron
This steam iron from Pigeon is another reasonable option if you are looking for iron for your home. It is equipped with a 1600 Watts heating element and a non-stick coated soleplate that spreads the heat uniformly.
The steam output is very less but to remove the pesky wrinkles from clothes, this iron is intuitive and easy to use.
9. BLACK+DECKER Steam Iron
This steam iron operates in both horizontal and vertical streams. It is equipped with an anti-drip feature to prevent water dripping in case the steam level is not reached
The iron is good except it doesn't glide smoothly over the different types of dress. You'll love this iron for its price and performance.
10. Philips EasySpeed Plus Steam Iron
This compact and lightweight steam iron has done well in most lab tests. The iron isn't bulky and perfect for regular ironing use. With 2400W power, it can iron clothes in fewer strokes.
It is difficult to unplug the 16A plug from the socket. This apart, it is a great choice for all iron skill levels.
Our Product Testing & Research Methodology
We would love to speak out about the research techniques and testing methodology we adopt in product testing. This list of the 10 best steam irons in India is based on specific parameters set by our experts and team members.
Why You Should Trust Us
Our expert team members have inspected the best steam irons in India from several perspectives such as - performance, self-cleaning, ease of use, design, and instructions. Each product in this article is pushed to its limits to find every pros and cons.
Firstly, we chose the 50 best steam irons available in India. Then our team shortlisted the list to 25 based on selected parameters. Each iron is used to iron wrinkled clothes on the appropriate setting and we rated each product on a scale of one to five for its smooth and quick performance.
The final list of the 10 best steam irons in India is a result of 3000 long hours of comprehensive testing and technical deliberation.
Who This Is For
This article is for all those who:
- Want to buy the best steam iron at an affordable price tag
- Want to upgrade their regular iron for a steam iron.
- Yearning to keep themselves updated on the best steam irons in India.
- Are looking for the best wrinkle removal iron from the best steam iron brand in India
- Want to buy iron for daily ironing needs
If you can check at least one category from the above-mentioned list, then this review article is just for you and you must check our best steam iron brand in India.
How We Picked
Unlike regular irons, steam irons generally need more research and a long testing time due to being specially designed to iron all fabrics. Let's check a few main parameters:
- Weight: An iron must be light in weight to slide smoothly and easily on fabrics.
- Durable: To make a steam iron durable and long-lasting, these irons feature shock-proof and heat resistance. We scaled products on this parameter.
- Price: This is one of the main parameters that can change a user's buying decision. Though all the selected products come with an inexpensive price tag.
- Warranty: This is another main parameter that we considered. A long warranty can save you from damage and replacement charges.
- Repair: Coil damages, water leakage, and various other types of repair one needs to cope with the steam iron. To prevent these damages, our team tested each product extensively.
- Self-Cleaning: A steam iron also possesses a self-cleaning feature, which increases the longevity of the iron. We tested products on this parameter too.
- Brand: A product from a well-known brand can provide an abundance of reliable features. We picked irons that have a good reputation for home use in 2021.
Here are the top 10 picks after our rigorous testing and reviews.
If you are searching for the best steam iron in India then our top pick, Philips steam iron, is the ideal choice for you.
In case you wish to check steam iron for home use our runner-up, Black+Decker BD BXIR2201IN 2200-Watt Cord & Cordless Steam Iron, is an excellent choice.
If you are concerned about your budget, but also aspire to have the best quality steam iron, then you should check our budget pick, Bajaj MX-3 1250W Steam Iron.
Buying the best steam iron is challenging so make sure you check all the details we have described in our product testing section. We hope this review of the best iron brands in India helps you to choose the best iron for your home use.r satisfaction.