Mustard oil has the perfect blend of taste, aroma, and health. It is a preferred edible oil for cooking healthy and delectable Indian meals and is a good source of Omega 3, Omega 6, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, PUFA, and MUFA which are all good for heart health. Here we are with the 10 best mustard oil brands in India.
Mustard oil contains the lowest amount of monosaturated fatty acids amongst all edible oils. Cold-pressed mustard oil is great for massaging the skin and hair. Typically, mustard oil is light, healthy, easy to digest, adds a delectable taste to the food, and enhances the aroma of the meals.
If you want to know the best mustard oil brands in India, then we have prepared the list comprising of the best quality ones after conducting a survey comprising of 7500 respondents and 50 popular mustard oils. It's time to know more about the most sought-after mustard oils out there. Let's get started.
The mustard oil brand that has captured the first position is Dhara Kachhi Ghani Mustard Oil Pouch, 1L. This mustard oil is a good source of monounsaturated fatty acids with natural omega 3. It is hygienically packed and the quality is genuinely good.
Dhara Kachhi Ghani Mustard Oil Pouch, 1L
Best Mustard Oil in India
The added benefits of vitamin A and D2 make this mustard oil a complete value for money product.Buy From Amazon
The only con is the packaging during delivery which should be more robust so that the poly packs do not leak. Besides that, this is one of the most trusted and oldest brands which offers quality with integrity.
The second best one on our list is Dabur Cold Pressed Mustard Oil - 1L. The ALA present in this cooking oil takes care of heart health and aids in managing cholesterol levels. It also promotes better digestion over a reasonable period.
Dabur Cold Pressed Mustard Oil - 1L
Best Cold Pressed Mustard Oil in India
The mustard seeds used for the production of this cold pressed oil are of high quality.Buy From Amazon
The only con is that it is on the expensive side. Otherwise, the ingredients are of a superb standard and the aroma of the oil is excellent.
The most favourite mustard oil in the budget is Fortune Premium Kachi Ghani Pure Mustard Oil, a 500ml PET bottle. This oil is naturally cholesterol-free and wards off indigestion. It has high pungency, nice packaging, and a delectable flavour.
Fortune Premium Kachi Ghani Pure Mustard Oil, 500ml PET bottle
Best Budget Mustard Oil in India
This is a classic product from the Fortune brand and is known for its quality and affordable price.Buy From Amazon
The aroma of this mustard oil is not that fragrant when compared with some other popular brands. Otherwise, this oil is made from the cold-pressed technique of production that ensures that the nutrients remain intact.
List of the 10 Best Mustard Oil in India
Here's the list of the most popular mustard oils for your reference:
- Dhara Kachhi Ghani Mustard Oil Pouch, 1L
- Dabur Cold Pressed Mustard Oil - 1L
- Fortune Premium Kachi Ghani Pure Mustard Oil, 500ml PET bottle
- Engine Brand Kachi Ghani Agmark Grade - 1 Mustard Oil - 5L Jar
- Patanjali Mustard Oil - 1L
- Emami Healthy and Tasty Kachi Ghani Mustard Oil Bottle, 1L
- Organic India Mustard Oil - 750 ml
- Natureland Organics Jachhi Ghani Pure Mustard Oil 1L
- True Oils Natural and Pure Cold Pressed Edible Mustard Oil 1L
- Organic Tattva Mustard Oil 1L Pack
These are the best ones available in the market and on online platforms.
1. Dhara Kachhi Ghani Mustard Oil Pouch, 1L
This is a top-class mustard oil that has been in the market for a long time now and maintained its quality along with popularity. The presence of vitamin A and vitamin D2 adds another ounce of goodness to the product.
The only con is the packaging during delivery which should be more robust so that the poly packs do not leak. Otherwise, this is a high-quality product at a value for money price.
2. Dabur Cold Pressed Mustard Oil - 1L
This is a healthy cooking oil that is enriched with the goodness of Omega 3 and Omega 6. It helps in managing cholesterol and is good for heart health. It comprises MUFA(Monounsaturated Fatty Acids), making it healthy.
The only con is that it is on the expensive side. Apart from that, this is one of the finest mustard oil in the market made from quality mustard seeds.
3. Fortune Premium Kachi Ghani Pure Mustard Oil, 500ml PET bottle
This mustard oil has huge popularity across India and is the ideal one in the budget. It contains PUFA(Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids), Omega 6, Omega 3, vitamin A, vitamin E, and beta carotene making it a healthy oil for the family.
The aroma of this mustard oil is not that fragrant when compared with some other popular brands. But despite that, the food prepared in it comes out delicious and healthy.
4. Engine Brand Kachi Ghani Agmark Grade - 1 Mustard Oil - 5L Jar
This mustard oil is a preferred choice for preparing Indian delicacies and contains the goodness of Vitamin A, E, D, MUFA, and PUFA. It keeps the pickles fresh for a long time when they are stored in this mustard oil.
The packaging of the 5Kg jar needs to be sturdy so that the oil is not leaked during delivery. Despite that, the price, aroma, and flavor are all decent.
5. Patanjali Mustard Oil - 1L
The main USP of this brand of mustard oil is its fragrance. When the meals are cooked and the oil is heated, it gives out an excellent aroma that makes you feel hungry. It contains high vitamin A, iron, MUFA, and PUFA.
The only con of this mustard oil brand is the packaging which could have been better. Other than that, this oil acts as a digestive aid in neutralizing toxins from the body.
6. Emami Healthy and Tasty Kachi Ghani Mustard Oil Bottle, 1L
This is a heart-healthy edible oil that is excellent for cooking traditional Indian meals. It is cholesterol-free and prevents early aging as it contains Vitamins A, D, E, Omega 3, MUFA, and ALA which are all great for a healthy body.
The fragrance is not as sharp as some of the other high-quality mustard oils. Nevertheless, this is an edible oil extracted from good quality mustard seeds with an excellent flavor.
7. Organic India Mustard Oil - 750 ml
If you are aware of the healthy and conscious way of living then you must try this mustard oil as it is certified organic and comes in a handy glass bottle. It has a shelf life of 9 months and tastes good.
The brand must ensure that the packaging is foolproof as this is a glass bottle that can crack leading to leakage. Otherwise, it has benefits of vitamins, omega fatty acids, PUFA, and MUFA.
8. Natureland Organics Jachhi Ghani Pure Mustard Oil 1L
This is a cold-pressed mustard oil that prevents brittle nails and cracked heels. It stimulates appetite and adds a balanced nutritional profile to the meals by enhancing them with vitamins and omega fatty acids.
The flavour of this oil is not at par with some of the other popular brands. Besides that, this mustard oil comes in a beautiful bottle with an attractive label.
9. True Oils Natural and Pure Cold Pressed Edible Mustard Oil 1L
This mustard oil has many usages and can be used for cooking meals, applying on hair, massaging on the skin, and using in skincare. It can be used to cook a variety of dishes by deep-frying, sauteing, pan-frying, marinating, and grilling.
This mustard oil is a little bit on the expensive side. But other than that, it is free from Argemone oil and is sourced from the best mustard seeds.
10. Organic Tattva Mustard Oil 1L Pack
This mustard oil is a natural, unrefined, premium quality, and healthy cooking oil manufactured from organically grown mustard seeds. It has a naturally nutty and pungent flavour. It helps to soothe and reduce inflammations.
The smell of this mustard oil is not as strong as compared to other mustard oils. Besides that, it contains zero trans fat and zeroes cholesterol. It is the best-unrefined mustard oil out there.
Our Product Testing & Research Methodology
Listen, now we are going to share all the important details with you regarding how we have chosen our best products, how the survey was carried out, and the selection parameters used by us to reach the final list of these top-rated products.
Why You Should Trust Us
We are excited about sharing with you our process of finalising the 10 best mustard oil brands in India. The result that was arrived at was based on the survey of 7500 respondents, over 60 days. We introduced them with 50 different mustard oils readily available in the market with the best reviews and ratings. Our two team members, Mahima and Preetika, conducted the survey. Then we shortlisted the 25 best mustard oils based on the evaluation of the survey, which took us a total of 2 more days.
Then with the expertise of a local dietician and a food enthusiast, a list of the 10 best mustard oil in India was created in 3 days. Overall, the scrutiny and research took us a total of 65 days to conclude.
Therefore, the list that we present to you is the hard work of our team members, local dietician, food enthusiast, and of course the 7500 respondents. We made sure that our top pick, runner-up, and budget pick are the best in the market.
Who This Is For
The list of the 10 best mustard oil brands in India is for all those who: are as follows:
- Yearn to purchase mustard oil for the first time.
- Need to upgrade their current mustard oil.
- Desire to know more about the highest quality mustard oils in India.
- Looking for a pungent and highly aromatic mustard oil.
- Yearning to buy mustard oils enriched with vitamins, omega fatty acids, iron, MUFA, and PUFA.
- Want to invest in a mustard oil which gives a delectable flavour when meals are prepared in it.
If you tick any one or more of the above categories, then our list is perfect for you.
How We Picked
The 7500 respondents were given a set of parameters that they had to refer to rate the products on a scale of 1 to 10. Here are those parameters:
- Taste: A good quality mustard oil is pungent in taste and enhances flavours. The rating is based on the flavour that the mustard oil adds to the food in comparison to the claims made by the brand.
- Aroma: A mustard oil has high smoking point and releases an appetizing aroma. The
- rating is based on the actual aroma that the mustard oil produces when heated.
- Nutrients: A quality mustard oil is enriched with the goodness of Vitamins A, D, E, Omega 3, 6, MUFA, and PUFA. The rating is based on the actual presence of one or more of these nutrients in the mustard oils.
- Cost: The price of the mustard oil should reflect its quality, packaging, taste, and aroma. The rating is based on the quality along with affordability.
- Packaging: The packaging of the mustard oil should be proper whether it is in a jar, bottle, or poly pack so that there are zero chances of leaking and contamination. The rating is based on the quality and sturdiness of packaging.
- Cold pressed: A cold pressed mustard oil is the one which is obtained after the mustard seeds are crushed and the oil is bottled. Ofcourse, cold pressed oils are better than the ones which are not. The rating is based on whether a mustard oil is cold pressed or not.
- Usages and quality: A quality mustard oil is the one which can be applied on hair for volume and massaged on skin for reducing inflammation, apart from the cooking. The rating is based on the cumulative qualities and usages of different mustard oils.
Let's check all the 10 best mustard oil brands in India along with their prices.
If you are looking for the best mustard oil in India, then our top pick, Dhara Kachhi Ghani Mustard Oil Pouch 1L, is the ideal choice.
You can also consider investing in our runner-up pick, Dabur Cold Pressed Mustard Oil - 1L.
The one which is the best one on a budget is Fortune Premium Kachi Ghani Pure Mustard Oil.
Mustard oil has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties which aid in fighting against infections, congestions and improve overall digestion. We hope that you are satisfied with our list of the 10 best mustard oil brands in India. Now, choose the one which you think is the ideal one for your kitchen and will help you in cooking delicious and healthy meals for your family.